13a Bull Plain
VAT Reg number:
Company registeration Number:
Sharks Bay 19th -26th March 2012
Miraculously, all 19 of us successfully met up on time at Luton Airport for the Easyjet flight to Sharm. After a short transfer, we arrived at Sharks Bay, our home for the next week and the beers started flowing before many of us had even located our rooms! It was a lovely surprise when Adel, our guide and friend of over 12 years turned up and he was happy to see so many familiar faces in our group.
Throughout the week, we had our own boat and dived in 3 groups with Adel, Sama and Helen acting as guides. We visited the usual sites at Tiran and Ras Mohammed, with Jackson Reef and Shark/Yolanda as the highlights.
Alex and Alexis changed their opinion of Jackson Reef and have now come to appreciate the beauty of the site.
Becca also had a "try dive" on Jackson Reef with Adel - what a great place to experience your first ever dive. Well done for getting in the water Becca - glad Adel got the bet money rather than Leon!!!
Thanks must also go to Adel who took it upon himself to offer private dives for Jane. She is so special that diving in a group was sometimes not good enough!!
Despite the wind and the water temperature, we had some great dives ..... next time if the water could be 5 degrees warmer, it would be appreciated by the wimps in the group!!
Glenn Darlison for completing his Advanced Open Water
Dave Henning for doing his 100th dive on Shark/Yolanda Reefs
Hazel Wright for completing her 50th dive at Jackfish Alley
Becca gettng in the sea ......
* Leon meeting his match with "Massive Me"
* Being turned away from a restaurant in Soho Square for wearing shorts/flip flops.
* Watching Dave and James entertaining us all at karaoke at the Camel Bar
* Seeing Doug's face when someone sat in his corner on the boat
* Watching Becca get wet and seeing Leon's expression when he didn't get the dosh!
* Our cocktail party on the balcony hosted by James ...... don't think many of us can actually remember the whole evening, especially those who got "gently pissed" during the day!
But we will all remember a fun week, with some great dives and hilarity. Special thanks to the professionals for their "pearls of wisdom". What would we do without them?!?!